We believe that people working together have the power to change their communities and their country for the better.
VOICE is a nonpartisan organization of over 40 faith communities that organize together to build power to improve the lives of our families, communities, regions, and nation.
These values statements are being reviewed and revised in 2023. Our current values statement from 2016:
- Our faiths demand that we stand together as a people. Republicans, Democrats, Independents, Muslims, immigrants, whites, African Americans, Jews, Christians, Unitarians, working-class, middle-class, the very wealthy and the very poor. We are wiser, smarter, and more powerful when we stand and work together.
- We will use the power of our organization to put an end to any specific threats, intimidation or attempts to harm immigrants, Muslims, African Americans or any one else. We will call to account any person or group that does so.
- We know that Virginia and our Country are stronger when more, not fewer, people are engaged in the democratic process. VOICE believes in building relational power: power that is reciprocal that is guided by our religious traditions and power that allows more people to participate in public life.
- We believe in meeting face to face and developing the public relationships that are the glue of our society. We know this is how meaningful relationships and trust are built. We value seeking solutions through creativity and dynamic friction that work best when we are in relationship with each other and with those from whom we seek change.
- We must reclaim politics as an honorable pursuit in which people working together have the power to change their communities and their country for the better. We must lead by showing that, if we build trust through relationships that cross the usual lines of division, we will strengthen our region for the challenges ahead.